FREESTYLE... WEDNESDAYS?
I came across a beat that our (4 Corners) manager produced for us earlier this year that we never got around to using and decided to play with it a bit. This weekend's festivities were my main inspiration for the lyrics and I gave it somewhat of a "playing around"-type tone (especially since it didn't take me long to write). This genre of music is new to me, though, in that I mostly sing/perform R&B, soul, and jazzy-type songs. This one, which I really like, is (I guess you can call it) dance/freestyle. I grew up listening to this genre, though I never thought I'd get into it as a singer, myself. It's actually one of my favorites. So here I am, in the "studio", writing and recording my first dance/freestyle track. It's definitely low-budget/quality because I don't have all the fancy shmancy equipment. But I think it sounds decent enough for MySpace (haha). As of right now, I'm about 80% finished with it. I have a few things i want to tweak, but my voice is shot so I think I'll call it a night. More updates as they come... and I should have the song up before the weekend's over. Later days ^_^
BTW, I'd like to take a moment to remember the victims (and families) of the September 11, 2001 tragedy. I can't believe it's already been 7 years...
BTW, I'd like to take a moment to remember the victims (and families) of the September 11, 2001 tragedy. I can't believe it's already been 7 years...

Comments
Post a Comment