discard if drops below 120 degrees.
...I'm reminded of when I used to work for Starbucks, when I would pass cups of blazing hot latte's or pull cups of coffee away from under the dispenser and get burnt.
After you've been burnt enough times, you just stop feeling it... at least most of the time, "it's whatever". Or physiologically your body reacts to it differently; not as drastic as the first couple of times and eventually you're not so afraid to get burnt anymore... especially during rush hours when all you can think of is having to fill as many orders as you can, as quickly as you can. But other days, it burns just as bad as the first.
once a barista, always a barista.
"Welcome to Trinabucks, can I get a drink started for you sir/ma'am?"
"I'll take an iced vanilla misto, thanks."
Did you know?
"Discard if drops below 120 degrees.": After milk is steamed up to (between) 140 and 160 degrees (sometimes patrons ask to get "extra hot" or "190 degrees"... hot damn), you're supposed to discard the milk in the pitcher after it drops below 120 degrees. Why? Because under that, if left sitting for too long, bacteria can start to grow. AND check this, some baristas re-steam the milk after it's been sitting under 120 degrees (not including refrigerated milk; milk after it's been steamed) because they're either lazy or there's too many people in line... and they're lazy. (haha!)
After you've been burnt enough times, you just stop feeling it... at least most of the time, "it's whatever". Or physiologically your body reacts to it differently; not as drastic as the first couple of times and eventually you're not so afraid to get burnt anymore... especially during rush hours when all you can think of is having to fill as many orders as you can, as quickly as you can. But other days, it burns just as bad as the first.
once a barista, always a barista.
"Welcome to Trinabucks, can I get a drink started for you sir/ma'am?"
"I'll take an iced vanilla misto, thanks."
Did you know?
"Discard if drops below 120 degrees.": After milk is steamed up to (between) 140 and 160 degrees (sometimes patrons ask to get "extra hot" or "190 degrees"... hot damn), you're supposed to discard the milk in the pitcher after it drops below 120 degrees. Why? Because under that, if left sitting for too long, bacteria can start to grow. AND check this, some baristas re-steam the milk after it's been sitting under 120 degrees (not including refrigerated milk; milk after it's been steamed) because they're either lazy or there's too many people in line... and they're lazy. (haha!)

Comments
Post a Comment